Friday, June 01, 2007

Standing on the Promises of God

The Lord always keeps his promises.
Psalm 145:13

They believed his promises and sang his praise. (Psalm 106:12)

You will never abandon the godly.
You will keep them safe forever. (Psalm 37:28)

You bless the godly, O Lord;
You surround them with your shield of love. (Psalm 5:12)

When doubts fill my mind,
Your comfort gives me renewed hope and cheer. (Psalm 94:19)

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them. (Psalm 34:7)

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.

He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.

He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.

He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

The Lord gives righteousness
and justice to all who are treated unfairly.

He does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities. (Psalm 103:2-6, 10)

The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life. (Psalm 121:7)

The LORD is God,
and he has made his light shine upon us. (Psalm 118:27)

The LORD has sworn
and will not change his mind (Psalm 110:4)
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted;
he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. (Psalm 34:18)

Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:16)

The LORD protects the simple-hearted. (Psalm 116:6)

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake. (Psalm 23:1-3)

The LORD upholds all those who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down. (Psalm 145:14)

You have given me your shield of victory.
Your right hand supports me;
your help has made me great. (Psalm 118:35)

The LORD watches over all who love him. (Psalm 145:20)

God is exalted in his power. (Job 36:22)

Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever. (Psalm 125:1)


With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God. (2 Corinthians 7:1 MSG)

Are you standing on the unfailing promises of God? Standing on His promises you cannot fall or fail. His promises will enable you to calmly sail through the storms.

To create this list, I searched through the Psalms for God’s promises from A-Z. Doing an exercise like this is invigorating. Try doing it for yourself! God gives us innumerous promises throughout the entire Bible. Search the Gospels for the everlasting promises of Christ our King or look for the beautiful promises stated in the writings of the prophets. Getting your eyes off yourself and onto the Living Word of God will give you delight in your despair.

No comments: