Thursday, June 14, 2007

Guard Your Mind

Ephesians 6:17
Take the helmet of salvation.

Ps 27: 1-3
The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh,
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

O God my Savior~
Thank You for noticing and rescuing me when I was an unnoticed, unattractive, and unpopular cripple child. Not only did You notice and rescue me; but You also adopted and accepted me into Your loving family. In Your home, You healed and sanctified me. You made me righteous and holy. I was near death, but now I’m ALIVE! Thank you for the gracious gift of Your salvation! I’ll wear it as a helmet to protect my head.

I’m surrounded by bullies who try to prevent me from advancing Your kingdom. They devour me with doubt and discouragement. They attack my abilities and adequacy. They make me feel unworthy and unacceptable. They preoccupy me, and then steal my time and treasure. Anxiety and fear besiege me.

When I trust in You and Your saving grace the brilliant, illuminating light transforms my mind. In the luminosity, my fearful thoughts are changed. You shine truth on deception and empower me to make right choices. As I spend time with You, I see things that are noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable. With my mind renewed, reeducated, and redirected I begin to think like Jesus. Wearing the helmet of salvation protects me from brutal barbarians. With complete confidence in Your strong power, one by one they stumble and fall.

Thank You for freeing me from their devastating power. Out of love and gratitude, I’ll set aside my fears, trust You, and go where You send me to serve others with love, kindness and gentleness. I’ll march forward victoriously, claiming new territory for Your kingdom, honor, and glory because of Jesus. Amen.


Will you put on the helmet of salvation, trusting God to protect your mind from the bullies who try to prevent you from advancing God’s kingdom by pounding you with doubt and discouragement?

Putting on the helmet of salvation is another way to demolish the stronghold of sin and temptation and make your thoughts obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

No comments: