Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ephesians 6:18
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Matthew 26:41
Jesus said, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

My Dear King~
I confidently come to Your holy temple, to the heavenly throne to receive mercy and find comfort in my time of need. I come with reverence because You are my King. You hear my voice and answer. You are my wise Counselor and Best Friend. Forgive me for watering down my true feelings and not telling You the whole truth. You love when I share my heart openly, honestly and sincerely. When I cannot find the words to say, You hear my silence.

Like a loving Father, You know the weaknesses that lead me into temptation. I climb up into the high and holy fort where I watch for the enemy to sneak up on me. From my safe tower, I shoot a prayer heavenward. Boldly, I ask for more faith to believe, and more power to receive. Surrendered to Your authority, You defend me every time. In Your strength, I defeat the power of sin and temptation. The impossible is suddenly possible.

Triumphantly, I claim the peace prize to guard my heart and mind. With peace oozing from my heart, the words flowing from my mouth will naturally spread Good News of Your great love. By Your grace, I will be more joyful in the hope of my salvation, more patient in my affliction and more faithful in prayer. Then I will claim the final victory for Your name sake. Amen.

Prayer is a powerful weapon when coupled with the sword of the Word. Do you use them together effectively to fight the enemy of sin and temptation?

“Prayer keeps us in communication with the Commander-in-Chief. As we pray, He directs us, guides us, protects us, and even shows us the parts of His Word that are needed for the victory at any given moment. We must learn to pray God’s Word back to Him. Our spiritual weapons for defeating the enemy are the Bible and prayer.” – Dave Butts, The Devil Goes to Church

Add prayer to the tools God gives you to combat the enemy to demolish the stronghold of sin and temptation and make your thoughts obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

You now have prayer for the full armor of God: truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, God’s Word, and prayer. I encourage you to know your weapons. As you get dressed in the morning, put on each piece for the protection you need. May God bless and protect you when you are wearing His armor.

No comments: