Monday, June 11, 2007

Buckle Up to Truth

Ephesians 6:14
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around Your waist.

John 8:42-47

Jesus said to them, "If God were Your Father, You would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to You? Because You are unable to hear what I say. You belong to Your father, the devil, and You want to carry out Your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, You do not believe me! Can any of You prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't You believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason You do not hear is that You do not belong to God."

Jesus,
Thank You for giving me direct access to Your Word, the Truth. What a blessing! When I seek You with all my heart and mind, You show me Your ways. You teach me and guide me. Your love and truth protect me. Thank You, Jesus!

Forgive me for not believing You! I recognize that Satan is the father of lies. There is no truth in him. Everywhere I go he is trying to deceive me. He entices me with lucrative language that sounds sumptuous. Please don’t let me give in to his lies, not even for one minute. He’ll subtly suck the life right out of me. Give me strength to cling to the fullness of life and Gospel of Truth. Please keep Your mighty hand on me. Help me to clearly understand and believe You. When I spend time with You, the Perfect Teacher, I’ll learn how You think and speak, and therefore how I should think and speak. You are the Perfect Example, showing me how to live. You give me the power to live like You. Thank You that the Truth is no longer etched on cold stone tablets, but carved on my heart through Your warm-blooded flesh as I spend time with You. What a blessing!

Please dear Lord, buckle the belt of truth around my waist so that I’m protected when Satan lures me with his counterfeits that look good. Surrounded by Your promises I’ll remain tightly fastened to You. Attached to You, I’ll believe that You are who You say You are: the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Amen.


Do you believe God? What He says is true! Buckle the belt of truth around your waist by spending time in His Word, then your mind will be prepared to battle the father of lies.

This is one way to demolish the stronghold of sin and temptation and take captive your thoughts making them obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

No comments: