Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Instruments of Peace

Ephesians 6:14-15
Stand firm … with Your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

Matthew 5:9
Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called children of God."


O God of Love and King of Peace~
I come before You with a humble and contrite heart seeking the blessing of Your beloved child. I want to climb the holy mountain and stand in Your sacred place. Wash my feet and fit them with a good pair of walking shoes for the journey. I will then take Your outstretched hand and begin walking boldly in faith. Together we will spread the Good News about the Gospel of Peace. Satan wants me to believe that telling others the Good News is hopeless and worthless. As I power walk with You, make me an instrument of Your peace.

Help me to focus on my relationship with You rather than my relationship with people. Knowing You more intimately and deeply, I can administer reconciliation to a broken and hurting world. As I come to You in Bible Study and prayer, in obedience and fully surrendered, please fill my life with more of You and Your holy, just and perfect love. When Your love freely flows from me I will supernaturally make right wrong relationships. I will be an instrument of peace.

Please, dear Lord, bless my beautiful feet as I faithfully love the people You’ve put in my path. Thank You for making Your love complete in me. With honor and gratitude, I’ll carefully, deliberately, and intentionally obey You so that a wicked watching world will see Your beautiful love and peace shining through me because of Jesus, the Lover of Peace, Jehovah Shalom. Amen.


Who so you need to share God's peace with today? Put on your walking shoes and go, make right a wrong relationship. Then, you will be an instrument of peace!

Where there is hatred, I will show Your love.
Where there is injury I will never judge.
Where there is striving, I will speak Your peace
to the people crying for release.

Where there is blindness I will pray for sight.
Where there is darkness I will shine Your light.
Where there is sadness I will bear their grief.
I will be Your instrument of peace.
Prayer of St. Francis

No comments: