Thursday, December 07, 2006

Spirit of Peace


John 14:27 Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Good and Generous Father,
You and You alone are the giver of all good and perfect gifts. Thank You for sending the perfect gift of peace from Your heart to mine this Christmas. Choosing to walk hand-in-hand, day-by-day, minute-by-minute trusting You, I’ll unwrap its infinite power. A vicious cyclone of conflict, chaos and confusion deeply agitates my soul, but You leave me with YOUR undisturbed peace to calm my heart and mind. I claim it by:

  • Receiving it from You, my heavenly Father, who lovingly adopted and accepted me into the royal family of God, bestowing me with bountiful blessings.
  • Trusting the power of the Holy Spirit, the endless ribbon that securely ties the package of peace to my heart and mind.
  • Believing the Truth of Your Word, sincerely written by a devoted Father to his beloved child as a beautiful gift card.
  • Accepting Your Son, sent directly to me from the heart of my Father to pay the ultimate price for it.

Please cover me completely with more of Your unconstrained holy peace for protection during the turbulent storms of difficulty and uncertainty. Embraced by Your love and secured to Your unlimited power, I’ll respond with an unusually quiet contentment during pressure and pandemonium. Miraculously others will notice Your immeasurable peace through my spectacular strength, attracting them to Your Son, the only real Source of Peace. Amen.

Unwrap the gift of peace: Receive it from the Father, trust in the Holy Spirit, believe the Words He’s written to You, and be thankful that Jesus paid the price for it.

The peace of Christ freely flows to all who are determined to trust the Holy Spirit to shape them into the image of Christ.

No comments: