Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Redeeming Love

Luke 2: 37-38
37She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. 38Coming up to them (Mary and Joseph) at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

Redeeming Child of God!
I’ll never leave the temple of my heart! Day and night I’ll worship You with fasting and deep heartfelt prayers! Ceaselessly, I’ll give thanks to You for Your rich redeeming grace. With Your life, You’ve made a hefty deposit for me in the Kingdom of Heaven. My room is paid in full and guaranteed, signed and sealed by the Holy Spirit. Blessed assurance!

Continually, I'll praise You by telling everyone about Your redeeming love:
  • You gave up Your life to save my life.
  • You called me by name and adopted me into Your royal family.
  • You will be with me through all kinds of trials, troubles and tragedies.
  • I belong to you.
  • I am precious to You.
  • I am privileged.
  • You love me.
Thank You for giving me the richness of Your redeeming grace. Opening my Bible to Your promises, I found the Life Preserver I need to flow through the ocean of obscurity – YOU! Clinging to the Truth will prevent me from drowning in the sea of sorrow, suffering or shame. Securely fastened to You, I don’t need to be afraid of anything. I believe You’ll safely carry me through turbulence because You love me and have a special plan for my life. Eternally, my lips will praise and honor You for the gracious gift of redemption through Jesus Christ, the Redeeming Child of God. Amen.

Graciously accept God’s promised gift of redemption this Christmas. He’s given up His life to save your life! That’s reason enough to worship Him day and night in the temple of your heart. Praise Him for it by telling others what He has done for you.

Claim the redeeming promises in Isaiah 43:1-5.

Isaiah 43
The Savior of Israel
1 But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
4 Others were given in exchange for you.
I traded their lives for yours
because you are precious to me.
You are honored, and I love you.
5 “Do not be afraid, for I am with you.
I will gather you and your children from east and west.

No comments: