Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Shepherding Hearts

Dear Reader,
Since I will be out of town, there will be no additional Prayer Pals this week. Feel free to browse through the archives on my blog. May the Lord bless you as you seek Him.


Love,
Prayer Pal

John 14:12 Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing."

Matthew 9:35-36
35Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Jesus, You are the King of Compassion!
If I follow You, I can easily see what You have doing. The problem is I’m prone to wandering! I’m distracted by my own agenda. With my mind focused on finishing my mission, I’m oblivious to the crowd surrounding me. Forgive me for my lack of compassion! Open my eyes to the lost souls entangled in the rush of life. Give me a sensitive soul to stop and set them free. You’re not asking me to sell church. You’re asking me to:


  • Teach them by the example of my peaceful lifestyle what it means to know the Shepherd and be sheltered in the safety of His arms.
  • Preach the God News by telling them the story of how You rescued me from Satan’s snare and brought me to the safety of the sheepfold.
  • Nurse their wounds caused by the disease of despair and sickness of sin.

Please give me a heart like Yours to teach, preach, and heal. Please fill me with fresh faith and Holy Spirit power to notice the harassed and helpless hordes crying for release. I will follow You and do the things I see You doing to bring glory and honor to Your name. Amen.

Ask God to put the name of one lost sheep on your heart and in your mind today. Begin to pray specifically for their release.

No comments: