Friday, October 06, 2006

Live Intentionally

On an ordinary Monday morning 26 innocent children went off to school with their lunch pails, scooters and jump ropes. It was just another Indian Summer day in a quiet, picturesque community of horse-drawn buggies, green pastures, and neat-as-a-pin farms. Parents probably didn’t consider that their gentle, peaceful lifestyle would be forever interrupted that bright Monday morning when an unthinkable tragedy came out of the blue like jetliners on a beautiful September morning five years ago. In the twinkling of an eye, life can be forever changed.

Psalm 39:4-5
4'O Lord, let me know my end and how many days I have to live. Let me know that I do not have long to stay here. 5You have made each of my days as long as a hand is wide. My whole life is nothing in Your eyes. Every man at his best is only a breath. NLV

Heavenly Father~Creator of all living things~
Thank You for the fabulous, fragile gift of life. I will cherish every day as a valuable present from You, my loving Father. Forgive me for tossing miracle moments aside to worry about insignificant incidences. Often I spend more time securing my life on earth, than I do thinking about where I will spend eternity.


Life is short! I don’t have long to stay here. Enlighten my mind to Your Holy Spirit and fill my heart with more grace so that I’ll be ready when You call my loved ones or me home. This is a picture perfect day that You have made. I’ll rejoice and be thankful for it. Living in the blessing of each precious moment, I’ll joyfully love and serve others because today could be my last chance. Please just give me more of Jesus to focus on the most important matters today for Your namesake. Amen.

You just don’t know when your life will be interrupted by a tragic event. It is imperative that you live each day like it’s your last. Don’t miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them. Give someone a hug today. Call a friend. Be a friend. You too, could find your life suddenly shattered.

No comments: