Friday, October 13, 2006

Holy Law

Romans 7:12-13
12But still, the law itself is holy and right and good.

13But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my doom? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God's good commandment for its own evil purposes.

Righteous King~
Honorable Ruler of Heaven & Earth~
I tremble in fear of Your Highness. Standing in awe of Your holy, right and good law, I praise You with an upright heart. Your spoken Word is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold. It’s pure joy to my heart, mind and soul, guaranteeing my rich heritage forever.

Completely righteous, fully trustworthy, and thoroughly tested, Your rules awaken my conscience, warning me of dangers. Satan has set a snare for me. Don’t let me be baited by his perfidious lies and deceptive charm. Distorting the truth, He’ll try to persuade me that You are behind his treacherous shenanigans. He plans to mutilate me and sever my relationship with You.

O Lord, my God, I know that You are forever good. Nothing bad has ever come from You. Please hide Your Word in my heart so that I won’t be seduced by sin. Teach me knowledge and good judgment. I need wisdom to differentiate between fact and fiction so that I’ll choose to do what is honorable, right, and good in tricky situations. Connected to You, fear and shame will never rule over me.

When I’m confused, Your law counsels me. Drowning in a sea of sickness, it’s the life preserver that saves me. Consumed with sorrow and sadness, it comforts me. Weak and weary, Your Word encourages, strengthens and fortifies me. Blinded by the shadow of darkness, Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

I’ll delight in Your laws, meditate on them daily, and try to never neglect them. Use them O Lord, to preserve my life, according to Your love through Jesus I pray. Amen.

God’s laws aren’t meant to restrict us, but protect us. Be thankful for their convicting power because it saves your life!

To grasp the goodness, righteousness and holiness of God’s Word, I encourage you to read the longest chapter in the Bible, Psalm 119. Highlight all the ways God’s laws benefit you

No comments: