Thursday, April 26, 2018

Psalm 116:3-6

Psalm 116:3-6
  The cords of death entangled me,
       the anguish of the grave came upon me;
       I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
  Then I called on the name of the LORD :
       "O LORD, save me!"
  The LORD is gracious and righteous;
       our God is full of compassion.
  The LORD protects the simplehearted;
       when I was in great need, he saved me.

Lord of Life,
I BELIEVE you are gracious, righteous, and full of compassion.

I was intertwined in a web of confusion, trapped by trouble and seized by sorrow. Satan choked me with his charm, strangled me with his shams, and was slowly killing me with his lies. 

In fearful desperation, I cried out to You, "O Lord, Save me!" In Your loving kindness, You rescued me and saved my life. I didn't deserve to be released from Satan's snare, but because You abound in love and mercy You set me free. Unwrapped from the cords of death that entangled me, I'm free to stand upright and tell others the wonders of Your love.

Because You have done great things for me, I will extol You.  With a grateful heart I will always praise You for caring enough to save me, keep me, and wash me with the crimson blood of Your Dear Son through whom I live and move and have my being. To Him who is seated on the throne of heaven, and to the Lamb, be glory and honor and praise forever and ever! Amen.

How will you worship God with all your heart this week for His wonderful work of salvation?

No comments: