Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Isaiah 53:6

Isaiah 53:6       
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
       each of us has turned to his own way;
       and the LORD has laid on him
       the iniquity of us all. 

Darling Lamb of God,
I BELIEVE You've carefully led me through Heaven's Gate where I can live safe and secure surrounded by Your limitless love. You faithfully take care of ALL my needs. Yet, disgruntled with my lot in life, I deliberately chose to wander off in search of greener pastures seeking gods to suit my own desires. Beyond the safe confines of Your community, I live dangerously, making unwise choices. Taking wrong turns, I end up in precarious situations, falling prey to power-hungry people.

Rather than letting me perish in a pit, You voluntarily gave Your life to save me from death. Though I blatantly chose to go my own way and do my own thing, You willingly carried the deep gashes from my deadly decisions on Your body accepting the blame for every wrong move I ever made.

How can I ever thank You for giving Your life to safely bring me back into the sheepfold where I can heal in the peace and protection of Your prosperous presence because of Jesus, the Darling Lamb of God who was slain. Hallelujah! Amen.

Consider how far you have strayed from the sheepfold of God and the awful trouble you've gotten yourself into. Then consider the wonder of the Darling Lamb of God who came to save you by taking on all of your iniquities. What does this mean to you? How will you respond?

No comments: