Friday, December 23, 2016

2 Timothy 1:7

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Almighty God,
          My Beloved Father,
                   I'm unspeakably delighted with my new Christmas heart full of Your beautiful Christmas Spirit. Now, I just need extra stamina to remain connected to the power of Christ this Christmas. The immense force that raised Your Son from the dead will energize me to rise above intimidating people and uncontrollable conditions to pour out the Spirit of Christmas.

Coupled with You, I'll have enormous strength to:
Conscientiously think of others rather than myself
Happily encourage the brokenhearted
Radically love difficult people
Intrepidly risk my reputation to socialize with the undesirable
Sacrificially offer my time, talent and treasure with a grateful heart
Triumph over tragedy
Mercifully extend forgiveness
Accept challenging situations with a song of hope in my heart
Serenely walk through each day

Attached securely to You, the extraordinary power of Your Holy Spirit will flow steadily from my heart enlightening others to Christ this Christmas. In His powerful name I pray. Amen.

Are you plugged into the power of Christ? He will give you immeasurable strength to be His heart and hands this Christmas. Ask Him to show you who you can pour out the Spirit of Christmas onto this year. Then watch who He puts in your path. It will likely be a stranger. Without arguing or hesitating, obey Him by doing whatever He puts on your heart.

One Christmas the Holy Spirit nudged my heart to write an encouraging letter to a stranger whose story I read in the newspaper. I never expected my simple act of obedience to lead to the beautiful gift of sisterly love, daily encouragement, and lasting friendship. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Have a very merry Christ-centered Christmas!!

No comments: