Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Luke 2: 16-18

Luke 2: 16-18
The shepherds hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed.

Glorious Lord~
I feel the energy and enthusiasm of the shepherds as they rushed off to find the Holy Child, Lamb of God, wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger just as You said they would. When they saw Him they exploded with excitement. Unable to contain the Good News, it erupted from their hearts with great force. 

People were amazed! Jesus Christ was born! The long awaited Messiah. The promised King. Their Redeemer and Saving Grace had been born to set them free! On a normal night they witnessed a miracle as the greatest event in history happened right before their eyes.
 
I too have witnessed this miracle on an ordinary day. I have seen Jesus as:
 
A tender baby in the manger of my heart
A studious boy in the temple of my heart
An intellectual man in the classroom of my heart
On the cross suffering for my heart
Resurrected to save my heart
 
This Holy Child has been born in me! All I really want for Christmas is the supernatural energy and enthusiasm You gave the shepherds to go tell the Good News to all those around me! Jesus Christ is born! A miracle has happened before my eyes. I have seen Your shining glory and heard your gentle voice say, "Do not be afraid. I bring Good News of great joy that will be for ALL people." Holy Spirit, open ears to hear this Good News and may someone find Jesus through me this Christmas. Glory to God in the highest! Amen. 

Ask the Holy Spirit for the gift of energy and enthusiasm to share the excitement of Jesus with someone this Christmas.

No comments: