Wednesday, August 10, 2016

2 Thessalonians 2:10b, 12a, 13b

2 Thessalonians 2:10b, 12a, 13b
They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. All will be condemned who have not believed the truth.

From the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

Jesus,
I BELIEVE You are the Son of Glory and Living Truth. When I stop, sit and soak in the Son, my heart is warmed with wonder that You loved me and picked me from the very start to be saved. Convicted of breaking Your moral law, I was locked in the dungeon of darkness and condemned to death when you called me to come out, not because of my character, but because of Your incredible kindness. Having heard the Good News that You paid the penalty for my transgressions and pardoned me, I gratefully accepted it and wholeheartedly embraced it. Forgiven and free from the domination, deception and delusion of the licentious liar, the Devil himself, Your Spirit instantly set me apart, cleansed my heart and preserved my life.

Lord, with the increase in lewdness, immorality and corruption shamelessly surrounding and seducing me, help me to focus on the privileged life of purity I have in You. Turn my eyes from worthless toys and trinkets, and invigorate me through Your Word to love You more. With Your help, I'll lay down the temporary allures of this world for the imperishable reward of being with You. In the midst of clamor and confusion, help me to grasp the truth with all my mind. Guard my precious faith so that I will hear You, believe You, and adore You, sharing in Your incorruptible glory both now and forever more. Amen.

Jesus makes it clear; the way to eternal life is to hear His Words and believe what He says is true.

Believe the Truth and live.

You are guilty before God, the only Righteous Judge, of breaking His moral law.

The penalty for breaking the moral law is death.

Jesus paid the penalty for your transgressions by dying on the cross for you.

Live for Him, by listening to Him! His Word is Trustworthy and True.

John 5:24
Jesus said, "I tell you the
 truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

John 8:51
Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

He speaks through the Holy Bible. Read, receive, and obey.

No comments: