Friday, August 05, 2016

2 Thessalonians 1:6-7

2 Thessalonians 1:6-7

God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 

Just Judge,
I BELIEVE You hold the keys of death and Hades, and You are the Author and Finisher of life.

Struggling to find meaning and hope amid a hostile culture, Your Words comfort and commend me. They give me courage to continue on this hard road that ultimately leads to heaven. You're not surprised by the slander that comes from Satan's scoffers because I submit wholeheartedly to You. My afflictions don't alarm You. According to Your Word, these trials that test my faith are to be expected. They prove that I am worthy of Your kingdom. Help me to remain faithful even to the point of death. 

According to Your Word, You promise to keep me from the hour of trial that is coming upon the whole world to test those who did not believe in You. With my eyes focused on my fabulous future, I will walk through tough times in Your strength, with joy and thanksgiving in my heart so that You will be increasingly glorified in me, and I in You, according to Your grace and the Lord Jesus Christ, my Triumphant King for Yours is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

If you are in the thick of the battle, severely suffering, ponder these true promises of the One who calls you by name. Read what is to come for those who are troubling you. 

 
No wonder God tells us to pray for those who persecute us!

No comments: