Friday, July 04, 2014

Galatians 5:1

Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.

Gracious God of Mercy and Love,
Today, we the people of the United States of America commemorate the adoption of the Declaration of Independence. We celebrate our freedom from tyranny and oppression by making speeches, waving flags, and watching parades. We re-enact history, have picnics and over eat. The celebration culminates with a magnificent display of fireworks that light up the night sky. Thank You for allowing me to born in this sweet land of liberty!

Today, as I reflect on history, I am thankful for the men and women who shed their blood to liberate the land I love. By their blood, I am free to worship You in a land flowing with prosperity. But, I am even more grateful for the battle You fought with Satan, and won single-handedly on the hill of Calvary. On that old rugged cross, You shed Your grace on me. By Your stripes I am healed. The tomb could not contain You. Death was swallowed up in victory!

Today, I celebrate my freedom in Christ Jesus, and commemorate my adoption into Your family and the eternal Declaration of Independence from the tyranny of this world that is mine in Christ Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

Thank God for your freedom, and all those who gave their life for it.

No comments: