Thursday, July 03, 2014

Exodus 17:15

Exodus 17:15
The Lord is My Banner.

Psalm 60:4
You have given a banner to those who fear You,
That it may be displayed because of the truth.

God of My Forefathers,
I BELIEVE You are the Author of Liberty. Thank You for the glorious star spangled banner that gallantly waves o'er the land of the free and brave. Old Glory, as the American flag is known, has long symbolized freedom and justice. I wonder if, when Betsy was stitching it, she was divinely inspired.

Her red stripes are symbolic of hardness and valor. They remind me that You valiantly rode into Calvary knowing full well that You would square off with Satan and die to set the whole world free from his tyranny and oppression. Because You shed Your blood for me, I am at peace in a world at war.

Her white stripes symbolize innocence and purity, two of Your attributes. When I come to You through Jesus, Your Son, admitting that my righteousness is but filthy rags, You cleanse and purify me; bestowing on me His perfect robe of righteousness. Wrapped in Him, I am innocent and pure in Your sight.

Her blue field represents vigilance, perseverance and justice. Blue is the color of majesty. It reminds me that You are King of kings. Genuinely believing in Your supremacy, I will remain vigilant and persevere until You bring judgment and justice to the world.

Her bright white stars representing each state in the union remind me that one Star shines brighter than every other star in the universe, the Bright Morning Star. When life is dark and dangerous, You are the Holy Light guarding and guiding me into a joyous new day with You. 

I thank You, O Great God our King, that You have given me a banner to display because of Truth. In all her glory, Old Glory will never quite compare to Your glory on the Cross of Calvary. Amen.  

In this world at war how do you display the banner God has given you because of His victory at the Cross of Calvary?

No comments: