Thursday, July 17, 2014

1 Thessalonians 3:8

1 Thessalonians 3:8
For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.

Your Eternal Word, O Lord, stands firm forever in heaven. The horizons can't contain Your commands. By them my life was saved.

Your Word, O Lord, is my only hope in this war-torn world. When the populace is quaking and quivering, give me fearless faith to stand firm on Your promises. As I reflect on them day and night, enlighten the eyes of my heart to see the Blessed Hope to which You have called me. With my eyes laser focused on You, I will never forget:

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, my Savior and Redeemer who joyfully endured the cross, scorning its shame, and ultimately sat down at the right hand of Your holy throne in heaven.

Because of Your rich mercy I am alive with Christ, and seated with Him in the heavenly realms where I have unlimited access to Your mighty power 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Through Him, I can handle any problem, pressure or pain that pierces my heart.

Lord, when You come on the clouds with the heavenly host, I want to be ready and waiting, standing solidly on the platform of Your promises. I can't wait for the Soul Train to come from Glory to carry me away to live with You forever in the unshakable Kingdom of Heaven. Yours is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory forever. Amen.

How is faith holding up these days? Are you laser focused on Jesus, God's Word? Will you be found waiting and ready like the Thessalonians, standing solidly on the platform of God's promises? Or will you be wondering around looking for an easier way out? God's Word is clear:

Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. 1 John 2:18

No comments: