Monday, August 06, 2012

Matthew 14:28-33

"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."


"Come," he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"


Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"


And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly You are the Son of God."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word of the Father, Now in flesh appearing,


Truly You are the Son of God. Joyfully I adore You for revealing Your glory to me during the storms of my soul. Gigantic waves of sin and suffering have buffeted me. Howling gusts of doubt and distress have disturbed my peace. My distorted night vision is terrifying. Fear of the unknown and unseen has crippled me.


Through the dismal darkness of a restless night, I long to hear Your voice calling me to "Come." I want boldness and courage to be like Peter. While the other eleven sat in the boat paralyzed, he recognized Your voice and took a walk of faith. With my eyes fixed on You, I too will step out of my comfort zone to accomplish the impossible.

Please give me faith to focus on You, forgetting the fierce waves and ferocious wind. Forgive me for all the times I've fearfully stayed in the boat and missed divine endeavors. I'm sorry for the times I was skeptical of Your power, presence and provision. Even in my faithlessness, please graciously reach out and pick me up!


Lord, I just want to know Your voice, obey Your call, and behold Your glory. In difficult situations and challenging circumstances, please keep Your mighty hand on me. Gazing on the glow of Your face, I'll triumphantly walk by faith and experience the joy of Your power. Those who sit worried and watching will wonder at what they've witnessed. Mesmerized by the miracle, they, too, will believe that You truly are the Son of God. Together, we'll worship You for the great things You have done. Hallelujah! Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you hear the Voice in the night calling you to "Come?" Will you risk stepping out of the boat or remain in the boat gripped with fear? I encourage you to behold His glory, step out in faith and trust Jesus. With your eyes fixed on Him, He will give you the power to walk triumphantly through the terrifying storms of your soul.

No comments: