Wednesday, August 01, 2012

1 Peter 4: 10

The end of all things is near. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.


Matthew 6:1-4
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.


"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O Giver of Gifts,

Thank You for the wide array of talents You've given to people. As the day for Your return hastens, teach me to use my special abilities to mercifully minister to others. Whether I feed the hungry, clothe the naked, entertain strangers, encourage the sick, visit prisoners, comfort the worried, instruct the ignorant, correct the wrong-minded, or compliment the kindhearted, may I do it with a gentle and quiet spirit for the glory of the Gift Giver.


Your Word clearly warns me how to work in these last days. The world truly is a stage with a vast cast of animated characters publicly performing for the applause of people. The enthusiastic audience is enthralled by the ostentatious outward show, but You notice everything that goes on behind the scenes in the hearts of each player and it does not please You. The praise and promotion of their faithful fans will be their pitiful prize instead of Paradise.


I believe You're on Your way and will soon arrive on the scene, center stage, with rich everlasting rewards and recognition for everyone who has served You with a sincere and steadfast heart. From heaven, You've been watching every merciful act done out of the spotlight for Your glory. While I continue waiting, please open my eyes to see opportunities to secretly and spontaneously be a blessing. With my heart at attention, in adoration of You, I'll generously give others the glorious grace You've lavished on me.


Not to me, O Lord, not to me, but to You be the glory, honor and praise forever and ever because of Your unfailing love and faithfulness. Alleluia! Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not neglect the gifts God's given you! Use them for His glory in these dark days. Find someone to lavish His grace on today. For being a blessing, You will receive a blessing. Go and give spontaneously.

No comments: