Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hebrews 2:1-3

So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. The message God delivered through angels has always proved true, and the people were punished for every violation of the law and every act of disobedience. What makes us think that we can escape if we are indifferent to this great salvation that was announced by the Lord Jesus himself? It was passed on to us by those who heard him speak. NLT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Life Preserving Lord,

O how I love Your Word! It is the Truth that saves my life. Completely right, fully trustworthy, and thoroughly tested, it awakens my conscience, warning me of dangers. I shudder to think that I could become lazy, spiritually negligent, caught up in prayerlessness, and go for days without seeking You!

I need You, Jesus! Securely fastened to You, I won't be afraid when I'm in the current of difficulty. Clinging to You, I won't drift away and drown in the sea of despair. When I'm confused Your Words will counsel me. Consumed with sadness and sorrow, they will comfort me. When I'm weak and weary, ready to quit the fight, Your Words will give me strength to persevere. O Lord, how can I flee the consequences if I choose to float away from You?

Please give me a deeper desire to diligently seek You daily! I don't want to let life's craziness and confusion distract or disturb our friendship. Help me to listen carefully through the constant noise and commotion so that I won't be swept away by false teachers and fall from my secure position. I need to hear the Truth with my heart, stand on it, read it, pray it, obey it, and walk in the light of it every single day of my life!

Growing in the truth and knowledge of my Life Preserving Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I'll gladly give You all the glory and honor from now until the end of time! Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bible clearly warns that it's possible for devoted believers to drift from Jesus.

What will you do today to draw closer to God? If you aren't taking active steps to stick by Him, through Bible Study and prayer then you're drifting into dangerous, uncharted water without a Life Preserver!

No comments: