Friday, June 22, 2012

Revelation 3: 1-5


I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recorder of the Deeds,


You keep track of everything we do. While our places in Paradise are secure without doing anything, our heavenly rewards are contingent on our lifestyle. You know that we have a reputation for being alive because we talk a good talk and walk a good walk. Yet we have forsaken life! We are like whitewashed tombs which look beautiful on the outside, but on the inside are full of brittle bones. We appear righteous, but are living a lie. Our deficient half-hearted works disappoint You. Our soiled garments are a sick sight to Your holy eyes. Have mercy on us, Lord!

Wake up the sleeping church. Remind us of the gospel. You came. You lived. You died. You know what it's like to be DEAD! After three days in a dark grave, You rose to glorious new life. This is the good news we received, heard, and believed. It's time to hear it again, turn around and obediently arise in strength and power.


You warn us that You will come like a thief in the night. No one can predict when You will break in. O Lord, don't let me be caught dead and dormant when You re-enter this earthly realm. I want to be living a vibrant Christian life, brilliantly blazing with Your glory when You show up out of the blue. For triumphing over death, and staying clean in the cemetery, You promise that I will be worthy to walk with You. Dressed in snow white linen, You will recognize me by my purity. My name will never be blotted from the Book of Life, and You will acknowledge me before Your Father and His legion of angels. Blessed Assurance, when the roll is called up yonder I'll be there! Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have an ear on the side of your head bend it toward your heart and listen to Jesus. He can see beyond the whitewashed tombs that look beautiful on the outside. He knows what's rotting in your heart. He knows you've forsaken life.


Wake up and listen to Him. He is coming soon, out of the wild blue yonder. What do you need to do get the home of your heart in order for His holy arrival?


For your obedience you will walk with him, dressed in linen whiter than snow. He will never blot out your name from the Book of Life. And, He will acknowledge you before His Father. Glory Hallelujah! When the roll is called up yonder, you'll be there.

No comments: