Friday, June 01, 2012

Psalm 126
When the LORD restored his exiles to Jerusalem,
it was like a dream!
We were filled with laughter,
and we sang for joy.
And the other nations said,
"What amazing things the LORD has done for them."
Yes, the LORD has done amazing things for us!
What joy!

Restore our fortunes, LORD,
as streams renew the desert.
Those who plant in tears
will harvest with shouts of joy.
They weep as they go to plant their seed,
but they sing as they return with the harvest. NLT

How Great You are O Sovereign King! There is none like You! There is no God but You! I have heard You with my own ears.

Lord, overwhelming sorrow tries to take me away from You. Battered and bruised by the battle with the enemy, a fountain of tears flow from my eyes. Wounded and worn out, I weep. Gripped by grief, I'm a miserable mess. In anguish I cry out to You: "Here I am. Rescue me! Restore my fortune! Swing open the heavenly gates! Bring me back to Your pleasant palace."

Graciously, You answer me and restore me to the prosperity of Your presence. You tell me to sow the seed of Your Word in the ground around my grief. You promise a huge harvest!

Obediently, I plant kernels of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility and discipline in the soil surrounding my sadness. I water them with the steady stream of tears that flow down my soft face. And, then I patiently wait through the season of sorrow for the promised heavenly harvest.

When I joyfully return with baskets full of bountiful blessings I will share a foretaste of glory divine with those around me. They will notice that You have done amazing things for me! Together, we will sing, laugh and celebrate a yield of sweet succulent spiritual fruit. I believe that You will turn my hard situation into an enormous reward for the praise of Your glory! Amen.

What has taken you away from your Sovereign King? It could be sin, addiction, false teaching, idolatry, ministering to someone needy, transition, a new job, busyness, or love to name a few. Identify the thing that holds you captive and break free! Plant the seed of His Word in the soil of your situation, water it with your tears and patiently endure while it grows. Then reap the bountiful blessed harvest and celebrate the amazing things the Lord has done! 

No comments: