Monday, June 18, 2012

Revelation 2:2-4, 7

I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.


He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lover of My Bleeding Soul,


You sure do know me intimately! You've recorded every good thing I've ever done. I've been busy and it hasn't gone unnoticed. You acknowledge that I plugged away without giving up when the going got tough. It pleases You that I took a stand against immorality. You're well aware of the fact that I know my Bible and can accurately discern truth from fiction.

Yet, you also notice my shortcomings. While I've done great and glorious works, I've walked away from my love relationship with You. I know You. We've been married for years. We live together, but the honeymoon is over, and we barely communicate. I come and go, while You wait at home in my heart for me, never grumbling or complaining.

O my God! How far have I fallen? Show me. Help me rekindle our sacred romance and start doing the things I did for You when we first met. Back then, I couldn't wait to be with You. The love letters You wrote me every day in red ink on the pages of my Bible made my heart flutter. I longed to talk to You for hours. What's happened to us?


Spiritual busyness and stalwart religiosity have displaced my first love. I've abandoned our sacred romance for a cheap one-night stand. Prostituting You for less intimate lovers who promised me pleasure: prosperity, possessions, and prominence. My light has diminished.


O Lover of My Bleeding Soul, forgive me for walking away from You. Help me to be a faithful bride who adores her bridegroom. Light up my life again with Your love that never burns out and I will stay with You forever in our secret garden where You promise I will eat from the tree of life. Blessed assurance. Hallelujah! Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has work replaced your worship? If you have one ear on the side of your head bend it toward your heart and listen to Jesus. He longs for His bride to come home. Return to your first love and He promises to give you the right to eat from the tree of life in Paradise.

No comments: