Monday, March 12, 2012

Matthew 24:3-8
As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains."

Lord,
Thank You for preserving Your ancient words. When I come to You privately and revel in my Bible, You reveal incredible insights and instructions for interpreting the times I'm living in. Your Word warns me and tells me what to watch out for. Because Yourtrustworthy promises preserve my life and provide me hope, I don't have to worry.

O Lord, Your Word is faithful and true. Knowing it keeps me from being deluded by a diluted "gospel." Because I delight in it, be gracious to me and give me discernment to understand Your teaching so that I will be able to detect such dreadful deceivers.

Wars and rumors of wars are rampant. Nations are rising against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. But, Your kingdom, O God, is an everlasting kingdom. One day all nations will fall beneath Your feet, and every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that You are Lord. Your unchanging Word, is my unswerving confidence.

The earth may tremble and tumble into the heart of the sea, but Your Word, O Lord, will stand firm forever. When all I see is tragedy and sorrow, Your unfailing love will be my comfort and my strength. I will not perish when You are my shelter and my song.

Righteous Lord, I ask that You equip me with farsighted courage to hold on to Your Holy Word because it will be my holy hope as the days get darker. With my eyes on You and my eternal destiny, I will be a levelheaded, clear-thinking, still-believing follower of Christ to the end bringing glory and honor to Your everlasting name. Amen.

God's Word warns us about the events we are witnessing. He instructs us to watch out and not be alarmed.

What are you doing to protect against deception? Do you know truth for yourself or are you relying on others to discern it for you, spoon-feed it to you, and protect you from error? 

What is your response to all the upheaval in the world? How will you "see to it that you are not alarmed?"  

God's Word warns us about the events we are witnessing. He instructs us to watch out and not be alarmed.

What are you doing to protect against deception? Do you know truth for yourself or are you relying on others to discern it for you, spoon-feed it to you, and protect you from error? 

What is your response to all the upheaval in the world? How will you "see to it that you are not alarmed?"

No comments: