Thursday, March 15, 2012

Leviticus 26:11-13
I will live among you, and I will not despise you. I will walk among you; I will be your God, and you will be my people. I, the LORD, am your God, who brought you from the land of Egypt so you would no longer be slaves. I have lifted the yoke of slavery from your neck so you can walk free with your heads held high.

O Holy One,
I am mesmerized by Your greatness! Your power has left me speechless. Your love has taken my breath away. I'm awestruck by Your mercy and justice. Though You are preeminent and transcendent beyond my comprehension, I marvel at Your immanency. I'm flabbergasted that someone with Your prominence and power would leave the Celestial City to live with me.

Did I hear You correctly, Holy God who rules the universe? You will not despise me? You will walk with me? You will be my God? I will belong to You? It's unfathomable that someone in Your eminent position would rescue a beat up, burned out, unkempt ragamuffin like me. Yet, by Your grace, You saved me and made my corrupt heart Your home. Possessing me, You placed me right in the middle of Your royal family with everyone else who doesn't deserve to be there. That's amazing!

I cherish the distinguished position You've given me. Knowing that I'm loved by the greatest King of all time, I no longer have to hang my head in shame. Walking with poise and dignity, I'm free to follow You all of my days because I believe Your precious promises: You will live with me; You will not despise me; You will walk with me; You will be my God; I belong to You; and my burdens have been uplifted by the blood of Jesus, Your splendid Son. Hallelujah! Amen.

Do you believe the promises from the mouth of God? They're His gift to you. Write them on the tablet of your heart and remember them! It is imperative to believe the words of the King more than you believe anything else.

No comments: