Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jesus said, "Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:7b


Jesus,
Your Word is wonderful! Thank You for the sparrows You send to our windows in the spring to remind us that we're worth more than the birds of the air!
Please don't let me feel discouraged by the darkness of shadows. Don't let my heart be lonely. Be my portion and constant Friend. You promise to constantly keep Your eye on me. Watch over me. Don't let my heart be troubled. Let me hear You tenderly say, "Don't be afraid, my child. You're worth more than many sparrows." Let me rest on the goodness of your precious promise where doubt and fear will cease. Lead me through the dark valleys by shining Your light ahead of me so that I can vividly see and follow You.

Just as Your eye is always on the sparrow, watch over me at all times. Within Your sight and light, let me sing joyfully. When I'm tempted to fear, when storm clouds arise, when songs give way to sighing, and when all the hope in my heart dies ... remind me that I'm worth more to You than many sparrows. Draw me back to the Light and lead me safely until I reach heaven's gate where You'll welcome me home.

Please dear God, take away my fears today in the name of Jesus. Amen. 

God commands: Don't be afraid.
 
He promises: You are worth more than many sparrows.
Do you believe God? Will you rest on His promise today? You are worth more than many sparrows. He provides for them and will sustain you even more. Do not be afraid. Trust Him.

No comments: