Friday, March 30, 2012

Mark 11:9-11
Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted,
 "Hosanna!"
 "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
 "Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!"
 "Hosanna in the highest heaven!"
 Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple courts. 

You, O Lord, are my Savior, my Conqueror, and my glorious King. Riding triumphantly into the temple of my heart, You captured me with affection. You didn't come galloping in on a high-powered war horse, but trotting on a poorlittle pony. You didn't come wielding a sword to subdue me, or with an army of men to drag me trembling through the streets. You came with gentleness, and seized me peacefully. Because of Your tender love and mercies I will not die a pitiful prisoner of war, but will live lavishly in Your everlasting kingdom.

Recognizing You as the Prince of Peace on a pony, I exultingly salute You, and cheerfully welcome You into my heart and home. Never before have I received so blessed a guest. Establishing Your kingdom in the sanctuary of my soul, You have made Your light shine upon me, endowed me with splendor, and adorned me with glory. Crowning me with compassion, You have made peace my governor, and righteousness my ruler. Since You saved me, and settled in with me I am radiant and unafraid.

My heart throbs with holy joy because One so great as You has come to dwell in one so weak as me, and brought such bountiful blessing with Him. Because You are my strength, my song, and my salvation, today and every day, I jubilantly join the celebratory parade of prophets past and present saints proclaiming, "Hosanna! You are the God who saved me! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven! Glory to Your name!" Amen.

Prepare for Palm Sunday by reflecting on the day Jesus rode into your heart. How did His arrival impact you? Are you in the celebratory parade of prophets past and present saints proclaiming loud hosannas?

No comments: