Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Useless, Godless, Lifeless

Romans 3:10-12
10As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; 11there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. 12All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

Woe, God! You blow me away and bring me to my knees by reminding me of my corruption! There is no one who does good and that includes me. Everyone stands guilty before You.
It doesn’t matter how well I perform or how much I achieve. It is impossible to measure goodness against Your perfect standard. I confess my ignorance and arrogance. I don’t understand You, nor do I seek to know You. It’s easier to turn away like a foolish atheist than it is to believe and obey You. Self-centered, I want to take the comfortable, easy route. O God, I’m useless, godless, and lifeless!


Holy God, Righteous Judge, I plead with You for mercy and forgiveness in the name of Jesus, the One and Only Mediator who can defend me. I cry out to You for amazing grace and will not rest until I’m united with You and made holy. Change my heart. Capture my mind. I long to be obedient to You and live in the prosperity of Your presence. I want to choose right over wrong every time. Please breathe power into me and make me strong enough to BELIEVE and TRUST You for the glory of Your magnificent name. Amen.

When was the last time you admitted your godlessness and sought mercy? Would you rather reflect on God’s strength than your weaknesses? Today reflect on your weakness, than call out to Him for strength.

No comments: