Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Called to Belong to Jesus

5Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith. 6And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus,
Truly, You are the Son of God! Your generous gift of grace is amazing! It came to me in the promised gospel, through the ancient words of Holy Scripture fulfilled, when in love, You called my name. Stepping beyond my familiar boundaries, You presented the Good News to me. Gratefully, I accepted it, believing that You:

  • Descended from heaven as a human,
  • Were given the power to be the Son of God,
  • Died and ascended into heaven to rule and reign with our Father there.
The moment I heard Your voice and responded, I was adopted and accepted into your beloved family. You chose me to be a holy, pure and blameless ambassador, representing Your Kingdom to a helpless and hopeless world. You set me free from evil and temptation, assigning me a mandatory mission to serve You with wholehearted devotion.

I believe You are who You say You are: Most High God, Ruler of all Nature, the One and Only fair and righteous Judge of all mankind who put a holy fear and reverence in me. Out of respect and honor, I desire to obey You.

Lord, please help me make a holy hour for You each day. In Your presence:

  • Search my heart, know my thoughts, and diagnose my diseases. I will agree with your diagnosis, acknowledge my sins, and receive the antiseptic of forgiveness
  • I will quietly wait, allowing You time to take my thoughts captive
  • You will speak to me and bless me with wisdom, knowledge and understanding through Your Word
  • My lips will praise Your glorious name
  • I will carry my hurting brothers and sisters to You

As I spend time with You, You will transform me into a holy, blameless and pure servant. Through Jesus and for his name’s sake I pray. Amen.

Leviticus 19:2
"Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy."

If you are a believer, you have a call and a task. God has called you to be a holy, pure, blameless ambassador so that you can truthfully represent His kingdom on earth. Will you take the time this year to develop holiness so that you can represent Him truthfully to a watching world?

I encourage you to find the lyrics to the hymn Take Time to Be Holy. Meditate on the words and let them seep into your heart.

No comments: