Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Psalm 57:1-2, 5

Psalm 57:1-2, 5
Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
for in you my soul takes refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until the disaster has passed.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.

Be merciful to me, O Bird of Paradise. Be merciful to me! It's a jungle out there!

Conceal me under the cascading plumage of Your beautiful wings high in the branches of Your holy habitat. Perched in the shadow of Your presence with a bird's eye view of the world, I'll trust You to fulfill Your purpose for me. Close to You, an agency of heavenly angels will surround me with sounds of love and faithfulness. O beautiful Lord, my soul is safe in You.

With my heart hanging on You, I'll be prepared for rainy seasons when problems pour down, tribulations thunder, and spiteful words strike. In anxious moments and frightening storms, from beneath the warmth of Your ornamental feathers my tongue will be Your glory. My soul will awake with the morning songbirds and sing of Your boundless mercy and unfailing truth.

My prayer O Lord, is that You will be high and lifted up in my surroundings when I sing of Your grace in turbulent times. Waiting for the wicked world to pass by, my actions and attitudes will crown You with glory and honor and majesty while You work out Your perfect plan in the stress and strife. O that my performance will resonate to all the earth that You are the prettiest Bird of Paradise worthy of all man's praise. Hallelujah! Amen. 

What trouble is chasing you? Picture God as a beautiful Bird of Paradise inviting you to take cover under the shadow of His wings until the problem passes. Fly to Him and be safe. In the shadow of His presence exalt Him and let His glory be seen throughout the earth in you. 

No comments: