Friday, September 05, 2014

John 21:12

John 21:12
Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast."

Chief Cook and Breakfast Server,
Your faithful and divine provision bewilders me! When all hope is gone, the net of my heart is empty, and my vision is distorted by tear soaked eyes, in the distant darkness You affectionately call me to come have breakfast.

When You unexpectedly show up to serve breakfast in the dawn of despair, many will watch with wonder, but I want faith to see, hear, and believe. Please give me crystal clear vision to recognize You. I long to know You more dearly so that I can see You more clearly. Familiar with Your voice, I'll respond without hesitating.

After a long and difficult night, following Your simple command, I'll toss the empty net of my heart into the sea of blessings. You will fill it beyond my wildest imagination, exceeding my immediate need. Surprised by Your divine provision, I'll triumphantly shout, "It is the Lord!" and joyfully come have breakfast with the King.

Please help me to spend concentrated time with You in my Bible so that when You come unexpectedly I'll see while others just stand still staring. In the midst of my desperate dilemma, I don't want to miss the boatload of blessings or breakfast with the King. Please give me eyes to see, ears to hear, and faith to believe. Amen.

What is your hopeless situation? Do you hear the King calling you to come have breakfast? He's there waiting to serve you a surprise if you look beyond the tears. Tell Him today that you want to know Him, see Him, hear Him, and believe Him when your heart is empty and He shows up unexpectedly.

John who loved Jesus the most, and who stayed closest to Him in His suffering was the first to recognize Him. Peter was the most zealous, and reached Jesus first. Others stayed in the boat, drug the net, and brought the boatload of blessings to shore. Each served the Lord in his own way and was uniquely blessed by the King's provision of breakfast.  

No comments: