Monday, March 24, 2014

Psalm 91:9-16

Psalm 91:9-16
  If you make the Most High your dwelling-
       even the LORD, who is my refuge-
  then no harm will befall you,
       no disaster will come near your tent.
 For he will command his angels concerning you
       to guard you in all your ways;
 they will lift you up in their hands.

 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
       I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
       I will be with him in trouble,
       I will deliver him and honor him.
 With long life will I satisfy him
       and show him my salvation."

Lord, Most High,
Thank You for making my heart Your home. You are my safe haven. I come in, shut the door, and rest in the shadow of Your almighty presence. From the heights of heaven, You order a battalion of angels to watch over me wherever I go. If I climb the highest, most majestic mountain, You are there. If I sink deep within the sea of sadness, You are there. In the darkness of distress and discouragement, You are there. In the light of love and laughter, even then, You are there. Thank You for the angels that surround the shelter of my heart, Your home. 
  
Because I love You, I trust You to: 
Rescue me from sin and suffering 
Make me strong and mighty 
Answer me when I call You 
Be with me in times of trouble 
Deliver me from evil and temptation 
Honor me with the prosperity of Your presence 
Satisfy me with a full life 
Give me everlasting life and happiness

I know that problems will pursue me and danger will distract me, but with You living in my heart, I'll not just survive, I'll thrive. With the angels watching over me, I'll bravely trample trouble beneath my feet and loudly proclaim "You, O God, are my fortress, my loving God. You are my strength and my refuge."

Please dear Lord, make my heart Your home today and send those beautiful, powerful angels to protect me as I come and go in the name of Jesus. Amen. 

Imagine! If you are a child of God and have invited Him to live in your heart, He has sent His beautiful, powerful angels to protect you! Claim and believe His precious promises. Live in the fullness of His blessing. No matter your circumstances, He's there, watching over You, protecting you within the walls of His Mighty Fortress. Praise Him!

I'm reminded of the childhood lullaby, Angels Watching Over Me:
  
All night, all day, angels watching over me, my Lord.
All night, all day, angels watching over me.
Sun is a-setting in the West; angels watching over me, my Lord.
Sleep my child, take your rest; angels watching over me.
All night, all day, angels watching over me, my Lord.
All night, all day, angels watching over me. 
 Copyright and Author unknown

No comments: