Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Matthew 15: 21-28

Matthew 15: 21-28
Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Jesus,
In Your presence You never fail to teach me! Today You taught me how to keep my family from destruction. It's not enough for me to be there for my children. They need more than my friendship. My listening ear and open line of communication will not save them. These things are important, but unless they are on-fire for You, and in love with You with wholehearted devotion, they are drifting spiritually and in danger of suffering terrible demon possession. A lukewarm spirit can lull them into evil and temptation. You have shown me that Satan wants to rob my family of their genuine, fervent faith.

Like this woman, I must persistently seek You for my children. You may test the tenacity of my faith by not responding to me or rebuffing me with harsh words. Like the woman, I will not go away until You hear the cry of my heart and give me what I need for my family! Please give me more Holy Spirit power to remain steadfast and determined in my pursuit for more of Jesus for my children. I will not settle for crumbs! I want the fullness of Your grace and mercy for them. I am boldly approaching the throne of grace with confidence to present their desperate needs to You. I may not see them get right with You, but with Your power I will erect roadblocks and obstacles to stop their race to hell. On my knees, I will pray down conviction on them and pray up protective hedges around them. Please send godly role models into their lives.

If not me, then who will pray for my children? I cannot resign them to fate. I must sweat and labor in intercession for their souls. Whatever it takes Lord, I am going to do battle for them with the swift sword of Your Word and the power of prayer until one of us goes home to be with You. God, please save my children in the name of Jesus! Amen.

Do you diligently seek Jesus for Your family - children, grandchildren, saved and unsaved relatives? If not you, then who will seek Jesus to heal and save them from destruction?

No comments: