Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Romans 3:26

He is entirely fair and just in this present time when he declares sinners to be right in his sight because they believe in Jesus. NLT


Most High and Holy Judge,

Thank You for making a way for me to get out of the mess I've made of my life. I was worthless, godless, and lifeless until I trusted Your Son to defend me. He graciously took my case even though I couldn't ever pay Him. He didn't care if I was rich or poor, strong or weak, good or bad. It didn't matter if I committed murder, adultery, or was rebellious. It made no difference if I lied, cheated, or stole. He promised to willingly and freely represent anyone who comes to Him, entrusting Him with the true, hard facts of their life. Blessed assurance!

Transferring my case to Him, I believed He would fairly and faithfully represent me to You. I was flabbergasted when You declared me "not guilty". Tears rolled down my face when I learned that my Defense Attorney negotiated an unbelievable deal for me! He would serve my death sentence so that I could be free. That's amazing grace and incredible love.

Thank You, Jesus for defending, saving, and freeing me. Thank You, Your Honor, for Your merciful pardon. Because of the great transaction You made on my behalf, I'm able to stand before You, holy, blameless and pure, no matter who I am or what I've done. Out of deep, heartfelt gratitude, I ask that You empower me to dedicate and live my life for You no matter the price. All glory is Yours forever and ever because of Your unfailing love and faithfulness. Amen.


Do you realize the magnitude of the deal that's been negotiated for you? We deserve to die, but our great Defender took our punishment so that we can go free. We don't deserve that! How will you show gratitude for the most amazing transaction of all time?

Just as I am thou wilt receive

Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve

Because thy promise, I believe

O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

No comments: