Friday, July 23, 2010

Remarkable Retribution

2 Thessalonians 1:6-7

God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

Just Judge,
You hold the keys of death and Hades. No matter what, You are the Author and Finisher of life.

Struggling to find meaning and hope amid a sea of hostility, Your Words comfort and commend me, giving me courage to continue on this hard road that ultimately leads to heaven. Along the way my faith is growing, along with my love for others. You're not surprised by the slander that comes from Satan's scoffers because I submit wholeheartedly to You. My afflictions and poverty don't alarm You. According to Your Word, these trials that test my faith are to be expected, and prove that I am worthy of Your kingdom. You promise if I am faithful, even to the point of death, I will receive the incorruptible crown of life. (Rev 2:8-10)

According to Your Word I will one day stand victoriously on the banks of the glassy sea with my heavenly harp singing:

Great and marvelous are Your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the ages.
Who will not fear You, O Lord,
And bring glory to Your name?
For You alone are holy.
All nations will come and worship before You,
For Your righteous acts have been revealed.

Then I will gaze in wonder, through Your blaze of glory, and witness seven stunning angels deliver seven horrific plagues from the golden bowls filled with Your holy wrath on those who caused me trouble. Blessed assurance, I will watch from the sidelines as they are punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from Your presence, power, and majesty forever and ever. (Rev 15)

According to Your Word, You promise to keep me from the hour of trial that is coming upon the whole world to test those who did not believe in You. Because I believe You are coming soon, I will cling tightly to my faith so that no one will steal my crown. If I stand firm, I will be given the right to sit with You on Your throne. (Rev 3:10-11, 21)

With my eyes focused on my fabulous future, I will walk through tough times in Your strength, with joy and thanksgiving in my heart so that You will be increasingly glorified in me, and I in You, according to Your grace and the Lord Jesus Christ, my Triumphant King for Yours is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory forever and ever. Amen.


If you are in the thick of the battle, severely suffering, ponder these true promises of the One who calls you by name. Read what is to come for those who are troubling you.

Read Revelation 14:14 - 16, 19-20
No wonder God tells us to pray for those who persecute us!

No comments: