Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Remarkable Instructions

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-22
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.

Faithful and True,
What You say You will do! I'm eternally grateful for Your remarkable Instruction Book, my Bible. In it You give me everything I need to live a life of godliness and holiness. Help me by Your Spirit to read, hear and obey You.

Guide me along the path of Your commands because that's where true happiness is found. Walking with You, I will always be joyful because I know You're leading me heavenward. Aware that You are constantly with me like a devoted friend, I'll communicate with You throughout the day even if my comments are brief.

In life's painful circumstances, when I can see little or no good, I'll look beyond them to Your tender heart and strength, giving thanks that Your goodness is never-changing, Your love is unbudging, and Your plans for my life and the lives of my loved ones are far greater than my highest thoughts can reach.

When I feel that little nudge of Your Spirit in my heart and hear that small whisper of Your voice in my ear pointing me in a specific direction, instead of dousing the flames of Your Spirit with doubt, I'll quickly say, "Yes Lord, I'll do what you say. I'll go where You send me. I'll obey what You tell me to do!" and, then step out in faith and watch as Your power is demonstrated to me and through me.

Because the time is near, and according to Your Word, You are coming soon, I will seriously read, hear and take the prophecy in Your Word to heart, even when others make fun of me, so that I won't be caught off guard and unprepared on that Day. I believe You are Faithful and True and will do exactly what You say.

Eager to see Your pure and perfect face, I will abandon my shameful ways, and attempt to catch my wandering thoughts and bring them to the obedience of Christ so that the devil will not get a foothold on my mind and humiliate me in Your presence.

Because Your instructions are good, I long to habitually obey them! Purify and perfect me - mind, body and soul - so that I will be found fit for the coming of my long expected King. I believe You are completely honest and according to Your own Word, You will come - please come quickly I pray in Jesus name. Amen.



Set your heart of seeking the Lord. He is completely Faithful and True, and He is coming back for His children. Since we don't know when, we better have our lives and relationship in order so that we're ready on that remarkable Day. Study God's Instruction Book, your Bible, for yourself. Obey His commands, and He will purify and perfect you. God is not a liar!

He did evil because he did not set his heart on seeking the Lord. 2 Chronicles 12:14

Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. Revelation 1:3

No comments: