Monday, November 17, 2008

Single Minded Devotion

2 Corinthians 11: 3, 4
I fear that somehow you will be led away from your pure and simple devotion to Christ, just as Eve was deceived by the serpent. You seem to believe whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach about a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.

Truthful Father-You are teaching me how important it is to carefully listen to Your instruction and know Your Voice. How can I detect false teachers if I don’t know the Truth myself? Because ignorance makes me vulnerable to deception, I need to urgently grow in the knowledge of Your Word so that I won’t make foolish mistakes and be misled.

From this day forward, I will be an honest seeker and biblical scholar by diligently studying the Holy Scriptures. As I do, fill me with divine knowledge and wisdom so that my devotion will remain pure, sincere and simple. Protect me from smooth-talkers who have a fascinating message that sound spiritual and makes sense. Hearts are full of deceit. I need to be on guard, always verifying the Truth by searching my Bible. Your Word alone will be my authoritative guide.There are so many confusing distractions around me, threatening to side track my faith. Just as Eve lost her focus in the Garden of Eden by the sly and slippery serpent who twisted the truth, things cleverly disguised as good and moral can fool me too. Satan and his servants are the master’s of disguise. Give me eyes to see through their charades in the Church, as they masquerade as godly ministers. Hide the Truth in my heart so that I will not fall for their schemes.

Lord, with all my heart I want to be single-mindedly devoted to You, believing the One and Only Truth, Jesus Christ who suffered, bled, died and rose to glorious new life once and for all. Amen.


What are you doing to ensure you know the Truth and are not led astray by false teachers? They really are quite clever and cunning, and they are everywhere. John the Beloved warns us, “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” Don’t listen to any “authoritative preacher” who contradicts the Word of God.

Jesus’ warning is loud and clear, “Watch out that no one deceives you. Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people -” including the elect. (Matthew 24:4, 11, 24)

Bill Keller of LivePrayer.com writes in his November 14, 2008 devotional:
We have entire generations of people who identify themselves as Christians who may have never even given their lives to Christ by faith, and certainly have never been rooted and grounded in the absolute truth of God's Word. The byproduct is they are easy targets for the (Deepka) Chopra's of the world to lead them far away from the truth of the Bible and to eternal damnation!

Read A True Modern Day Tool of Satan Helping to Lead the Souls of Millions to Hell by Bill Keller of Liveprayer.com
http://liveprayer.com/ddarchive3.cfm?id=3511

No comments: