Monday, October 20, 2008

Conquer Your Fears

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? … No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Lord of Love,
I come to You seeking mercy and grace. Forgive me for fearing man. Please drive out my fears in the name of Jesus, Your Son. Every day I worry about what others will think of me, say about me, and do to me. I’m concerned that they will kill my ambitions, hopes, and dreams. Frightened of man’s condemnation, I live in constant apprehension. Paralyzed by fear, I’m tentative to open my mouth and speak for You. I’m sorry, Jesus.

Today, I’m claiming the truth! Your love drives out fear. You didn’t give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of love, power and sound mind. With Your Spirit living in me, I have no reason to worry. You and You alone are the Ultimate Judge. In Your Supreme Court, I’m already declared innocent and spared eternal punishment. Thank You, Jesus.

Nothing anyone thinks, says or does can separate me from You. From this day forward, I’m choosing to focus on Your perfect love living in me. Relying on it, I will conquer my fears. Please dear Lord, quiet my heart and give me confidence to trust in Your perfect love for the glory of Your name. Amen.


Do you worry about what others will think of you, say about you, or do to you? We are certainly living in tumultuous times. Fear is everywhere – the global economy, the presidential election, and widespread war are a few. Resolve your fears by focusing on God’s endless love. Then, allow Him to love others through you.

No comments: