Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Refiner's Fire


Spirit of the Living God Fall Fresh on Me … Melt me


Malachi 3: 2, 3
He will be like a blazing fire that refines metal. He will sit and judge like a refiner of silver, watching closely as the dross is burned away. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold or silver, so that they may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the LORD. NLT


Living God, Holy Fire, You are the greatest Refiner in the world. Let Your Spirit fall on me. Melt me. Although the process is excruciatingly painful, the result is gloriously beautiful. As I melt under the intense flame of the Holy Spirit, You skim off my impurities that rise to the surface. Only purity and holiness remain. Cleanse me with the blaze of my afflictions. Separate me from the corruption that renders me worthless and useless. With the dross removed, Your reflection appears in the smooth, pure surface of my soul. Others see it shining through and desire a piece of it.

Thank You Lord for the perfection process. Because of Your unfailing love and compassion, the melting procedure will not consume me. With Your help I will have patient endurance to bear up under the pain and pressure, knowing that You are making me into a glimmering jewel that reflects Your image. With hope, I look forward to my fabulous future when I am made perfect. I yearn for holiness.

Spirit of the Living God, fall fresh on me. Melt me for the glory of Your name. Amen.


What refining process are you going through at the moment? Refining is tedious and time consuming. It is painful, but when the process is over, the result is a glimmering jewel that reflects the face of the Refiner. Know that through the fiery trials in life, you will appear more like Jesus.

No comments: