Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Married Without Shame

Isaiah 54:4-5
“Fear not; you will no longer live in shame. The shame of your youth and the sorrows of widowhood will be remembered no more, for your Creator will be your husband. The Lord Almighty is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, the God of all the earth. NLT

Holy One of Israel,
My Creator and Redeemer,
Lord Almighty,
God of all the earth,
In reverent awe of who You are, I quietly come to You, just as I am – blind, naked, and poor; dirty, unattractive and lame; exhausted, anxious and embarrassed. I’m unfit to appear before the King of kings and Lord of lords. I come by faith, expecting to receive a miracle makeover.

Graciously, You extend Your compassion and mighty hand to touch me and take away my shame. With a stroke of Your greatness You forgive and forget all that I’ve ever done. My grief is gone because my mistakes no longer define me.

Not only do You take away my indignity, You do the utterly inconceivable – You choose to love and marry me despite my past. United with You in holy Oneness, nothing can separate us. I belong to You. As Your cherished friend, You create an atmosphere of security where I can dwell and flourish. Meditating on the loving promises from Your mouth, my Bible, You change my mundane existence into glorious living color. The sweetness of Your transforming love makes my heart flutter.

I’m delighted that I no longer have to be afraid or ashamed. I’ll never again be disappointed or discouraged as long as I trust You, my Bridegroom, more than anyone else. O Holy One, please give me more faith to believe You because You are the only true Lover of My Soul. Amen.

Does shame define you? Do you live in fear of your reputation? If so I encourage you to meditate on the loving promises from the mouth of God. Do you hear what He’s saying to you in these Scriptures?

From the above Scripture, write down His amazing promises; ponder them until they penetrate your heart. They are His precious gift to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there!
Just thought i'd check in and say hi,its been a while.
Its great to see the prayer pal blog is still going strong!
Your words are so encouraging as always.
Love and blessings
your friend from Aus!