Friday, April 20, 2007

A Song of Praise For My King

Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name.

Bless the Lord, O my soul.
All that is within me bless His holy name.

Come let us adore Him!
Call on His name!

Declare His glory throughout the whole earth.
Tell the whole world of his wonderful works.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving.
Extol Him for His excellent greatness!

Forget not all His benefits.
He faithfully forgives and forgets all our sins.

Great is the Lord and worthy of praise.
Glory in His holy name.

Holy! Holy! Holy is the Lord Almighty!
Who was and is and is to come.

I will sing praise to my great God and King.
I will sing and make music in my heart.

Joyful, Joyful I adore You,
God of Glory, Lord of Love.

Know that the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His.

Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Let the heavens rejoice, let the whole earth be glad;
Let everyone say, “The Lord reigns!”

Maker of heaven and earth –
Splendor and majesty are before Him,
Strength and glory are in His sanctuary.

Not to me O Lord, not to me,
But to Your name be the glory because of You love and faithfulness.

Our God is a God who saves!
O Lord My God, how Great thou art!

Praise be to the Lord;
To God our Savior who daily bears our burdens.

Quickly, I’ll tell the Good News.
My Lord lives and rules and reigns from heaven on high.

Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous.
Remember the wonders He has done.

Shout for joy to the Lord all the earth!
Shout for joy before the Lord , the King.

To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb,
Be praise and honor and glory and power forever and ever.

Unto You I sing, O Lord;
The One who rides across the ancient heavens,
Whose mighty voice thunders from the sky.
God is awesome in His sanctuary.

Victory is Yours, O Lord.
You have made me glad with the joy of Your presence.

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
To receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength,
And glory and honor and praise.

Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain.
Be exalted, O Lord in Your strength;
We will sing and praise Your might.

Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
You are my God and I will give You thanks forever and ever.

Zion hears and rejoices!
For You O Lord, are the Most High over all the earth,
You are exalted far above the gods.

A Song of Praise For My King was written by reading the Psalms and making a list from A-Z of various ways the psalmist praised the Lord. It follows the pattern of the psalmist in Psalm 119 where each of 22 sections begins with a different letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Try writing your own song of praise and adoration. I can guarantee it will put a smile on your face, a song in your heart and a spring in your step!

No comments: