Thursday, November 13, 2014

Job 16:19-21

Job 16:19-21
Even now my witness is in heaven;
       my advocate is on high.
My intercessor is my friend
       as my eyes pour out tears to God;
on behalf of a man he pleads with God
       as a man pleads for his friend.

Almighty Attorney,
I appeal to You in heaven on high where You witness every move I make. You know everything about me. You have searched my heart. There's no hiding anything from You. You know when I stand or sit, when I come in or go out. I'm never, ever out of the sight of Your holy penetrating gaze.

You've seen my sin, suffering and sorrow. You've listened to my friends angrily attack my character. Their arrogant arguments and long-winded lectures have pierced Your perfect ears. Without knowing all the facts, they lay blame on me based on their biased beliefs. Even though I've not intentionally done anything wrong, they attempt to coerce a confession. I've been judged, rejected and ridiculed. Stripped of my status, my shame has not gone unnoticed. Depressed and disgraced, I pour out my tears to You, O God!

I need an Almighty Attorney to defend me from the allegations brought against me by proud people with personal agendas. They don't know my heart; but, You do because You're my heart's Constant Companion. Knowing me personally, intimately, and deeply, You are the Only One who can honestly reveal all the evidence against me. It's only a matter of time until I die and I need my case heard and settled quickly, once and for all.

I am so grateful to have You as my Witness, Advocate, Intercessor and Friend negotiating for me in the presence of God, the Sovereign Justice. Because I have the most Almighty Attorney in all of heaven and earth, Jesus Christ, even though I'm guilty as charged, no accusations against me can stick! I won't receive the punishment I deserve. Alleluia! Praise the Lord! I will absolutely be pardoned because of Your respectable reputation and righteous name. Amen.

When sin, suffering and sorrow seize your soul, the enemy will attack you, disguising himself as your friend. He will blame your problems on your behavior; but God's Word says their accusations carry no weight. In the end He will listen to the evidence presented against you by Jesus who is His One and Only Witness, your Advocate, Intercessor, and Friend. There is nothing more important than being in right relationship with Him. He will speak on your behalf.

You are going to die. And, it may be very soon. When th at happens, you will fall into the holy hands of the Sovereign Justice, God Himself. It is urgent that you set yourself right in His sight - and if possible in the eyes of others. The only way to do that is by trusting in the respectable reputation and righteousness of the Almighty Attorney, Jesus Christ. He is the Only One who can speak in God's Court. You are utterly dependent on Him.

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He'll never cast me out.

No comments: