Monday, November 17, 2014

Hebrews 10:35-38

Hebrews 10:35-38
Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while,
   "He who is coming will come and will not delay.
    But my righteous one will live by faith.
   And if he shrinks back,
      I will not be pleased with him."

King of Eternity,
You are Lord of my heart! I know that soon, and possibly quite soon, You are coming back, and that makes my heart want to sing: "Hosanna! Glory to the King of kings!" 

Lord, as the days become increasingly darker and pitch black with terror, prepare me to enter the final round of life's last contest.  When I can't see through the gloom and doom please give me courage and confidence to stand my ground! I know You, and I know Your Word. Don't let me shrink back in fear or throw away my faith. Help me to:

Draw nearer to You with an honest heart fully trusting that my guilty conscience has been sprinkled with Christ's precious blood, and I've been made right and ready to hail Your glorious entrance. (10:22)

Hold on tightly without wavering to the blessed hope of heaven, expecting You to keep Your promise. (10:23)

Think of creative ways to love others and do good deeds, and motivate others to do the same.  (10:24)

Frequently spend time with other believers for encouragement and endurance, especially now that the day of Your return seems so imminent. (10:25)

By doing the right things, I will have nothing to fear or dread because I'll remember that beautiful blessings await me.  You are absolutely sincere and will richly reward me for waiting through tribulations. With a wink of the eye, You'll whisk me away in the wind, taking me to the home I've always longed for. Hosanna! Hosanna in the highest! Amen.

Are you ready for the final round of life's last contest? Soon, and possibly quite soon Jesus will suddenly show up on the scene. Hebrews 10:22-38 tells us exactly how to prepare. I encourage you to be ready!

No comments: