Monday, January 31, 2011

Psalm 27:8

When You said, "Seek My face,"
My heart said to You,
"Your face, LORD, I will seek." NKJV


O King of Glory!
Thank You for calling me to come look for You. My heart readily leaps at the chance to seek Your face, Lord! I want to see Your Majesty. Heartily, I'll search my Bible until I find You. Hear my voice when I persistently call to You through prayer. Be merciful and answer me. Don't hide Your face from me for long.

Help me to remove the shroud that's obstructing my view of You. When I can't see through the pain of my problems, wipe the tears from my eyes. If busyness is blocking me, slow me down. As difficult decisions distort my sight increase my dependence on Your divinity. While criticism causes me to lose concentration, give me confidence and courage to keep looking. Blinded by thick darkness, shine forth the bright light of Your love. I desire to discover You in the daily grind. In all circumstances, I long to commune with You. Against all odds, Lord, I will forsake everything for the sole purpose of seeing Your Majesty. Please show me Your glory through Jesus my King. Amen.


The King of Glory invites you to seek His face. Without delay the Psalmist spoke from His heart, accepting the divine invitation. What about you? Will you heartily accept His invitation without hesitating? Open your Bible, search the Scriptures, consistently call out to Him in prayer, and You will see Him for Who He really is.

No comments: