Thursday, January 20, 2011

Isaiah 32:15-18

Till the Spirit is poured upon us from on high,
and the desert becomes a fertile field,
and the fertile field seems like a forest.

Justice will dwell in the desert
and righteousness live in the fertile field

The fruit of righteousness will be peace;
the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.

My people will live in peaceful dwelling places,
in secure homes,
in undisturbed places of rest.

Rushing River of Life,

Pour over me like fresh falling rain from heaven. Expose the ruins of my unresponsive heart. Dredge up the debris from my dreadful decisions. In the current of Your merciful love, sweep away my damaged reputation. Then, rise up like a cool spring in the desert. Flow over the badland of my soul, and cultivate it into a fertile field.

In the center of the field, build Your home. Move onto the lush land of my heart. Plant the good seed of Your Word in the soil of my soul. Thoroughly, water it with divine wisdom and grace. Tend to me patiently, teaching me to grow Your way. Raise me up to make right choices and produce good fruit. Rooted in You, others will clearly see the beauty of Your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and restraint growing in me.

In Your presence, I'll quietly rest, knowing that I've done what's right. I'll always trust You to protect me from the prickly weeds of proud, power-hungry people that threaten to disturb my peace. Under Your tender loving care, I'll live a secure, serene and satisfied life.

Holy Spirit, rain down on me! Water the waste land of my heart with Your amazing grace, carry away the awful debris from my past and raise me up to consistently make right choices that will bless Your holy and righteous name. Amen.


Ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and show you the damage caused by your poor choices. Humbly acknowledge where you're mistakes and resolve to live right this year.

The rewards will be rich: peace, quietness, and confidence forever.

No comments: