Thursday, April 02, 2009

Vision of Glory

Romans 8: 18, 23-25
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Lord of Life,

Thank you for this time of year when daylight exceeds darkness. I've been eagerly waiting for this season to spring forward. Spring gives me hope during the winter when it's cold, dark and dead outside. Feeling depressed, troubled and weary, I anticipate glorious new life!

As I looked out my window today I noticed the bulbs that were dead all winter springing to life again through the soft, saturated soil. My heart fluttered with joy to think that in just a short time a pretty pallet of posies will peek in at me.

Like the flamboyant flowers, I too must die and decompose as I suffer through sin, sickness, and sorrow. Groaning inwardly, I waste away while patiently waiting through the frigid season of darkness. Still, silent and stiff, I look forward to the day when I will spring to life like a fresh vibrant bouquet that will never wilt or wither. Living eternally in Your glorious garden weeds won't choke me, thorns won't prick me and insects won't devour me.

As it is written, no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what You have prepared for those who love You. Anticipating longer days full of warm, radiant sunshine, surrounded by mysterious new life, I can only imagine what You have in store for me! Life with You is the bright hope that sustains me through today's trouble.

Thank You Lord, for a fresh vision of Your glory! I praise and worship You with love and adoration because of the new life that awaits me in Christ Jesus. Amen.


What are you eagerly waiting for and what are you doing while you wait?

No comments: