Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Matthew 27:50-51
And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.

O Living Word of God!
I'll never understand the depth of Your incredible sacrifice, nor will I comprehend the high cost of it. Even the most brilliant minds in the universe can't search out the greatness of it. Your wisdom, love and grace are inconceivable. You sure do use unpleasant and unusual occurrences to shake us up and get our attention!

Calvary's Cross was the place where Your Spirit unmistakably collided with miserable man. It was our outrageous errors and poor judgment that caused the brutal impact. Voluntarily dying in the wicked wreck, You gave up Your Spirit, absorbing the full price and pain of it with Your heart. The earth trembled, and rock hard, unmovable hearts shattered into a million little pieces. Mine was one of them.

The curtain separating me from You was aggressively torn in two from heaven to earth as Your body was violently ripped by the soldiers' whips, cruelly torn by the crown of thorns, horribly crushed by the weight of the Cross, and split in two by the piercingly sharp point of the carpenter's nails. In the repulsiveness of Your broken and bloodied body, I find the magnificence of an open door.

The veil of guilt and shame that kept me hidden from You was immediately stripped away to reveal all that it cost You to adopt me. By the way of Your precious, priceless blood I can boldly walk through heaven's door into Your High and Holy presence. Approaching Your gracious, glorious throne, in awe of Who You are and what You've done, I can bravely ask You, my Father, for help in my time of need, fully expecting You to sympathize with my weakness. At the seat of mercy, You will bless me with Your unbelievable compassion and unimaginable grace.

To You be all glory, honor and praise for the indescribable, inexplicable, incredible things You have done! Hallelujah, thank You Jesus! Amen.


Ponder the indescribable, inexplicable, incredible gift of the Cross while your heart sings To God Be the Glory.

No comments: