Monday, December 15, 2008

Guidance in the Night

Psalm 16:7-8
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

Wise and Wonderful Counselor,
Thank You for graciously guiding me through these dark days. Your timeless Words are extremely wise. They are a lamp that lights my path to prevent me from stumbling. Your timely advice is always right. When I’m too exhausted to think clearly, in the silent night of my soul, speak to me. Tomorrow is sure to be another exhilarating day with more unexpected twists and turns.

Please go ahead of me. I’m utterly dependent on You to lead me through uncertainty and insecurity. It is vital that I remain in constant communication with Your Command Center by reading my Bible and praying. You know the way that will lead me to all the jewels of Jesus. Willingly, I’ll take Your strong right hand, and walk through briars, thorns, and thickets. Connected to You, they won’t hurt me.

Dear Lord, please give me the courage to hold on tightly, trusting that You know exactly where You’re taking me. Following Your reliable instructions, I’ll be secure and steadfast when the rest of the world is shaken. Looking forward to the hope of heaven, eternity with You and everlasting happiness, my heart and lips will cheerfully sing a sweet song to the glory of Your dependable name. Amen.


I need God’s counsel for __________________________________________. Pray, asking Him for wisdom. Open Your Bible and listen to His Voice. Obey His instruction and He will reward You with divine insight – the Truth! Then, you, too, will know that He is trustworthy and dependable. Praise Him!

No comments: